Effective date of below Community Guidelines: September 29th, 2016
Community is at the heart of all we do at Alaskafy. Alaskafy members use community features to connect, inspire each other, share knowledge, discuss ideas, and build personal and professional relationships. Community spaces include the Members, Wall, News Feed, Activity, Forums, Following, Messaging, Tagging, Liking and Groups. By using any of Alaskafy’s community features, you’re agreeing to this policy and our Terms and Conditions.
Members who use any of the community features must be over 18 years old. In addition, to make sure that Alaskafy continues to be a place that’s safe and respectful, the following policies apply to all community spaces:
- Respect other members’ privacy. Private or personally identifying information should not be shared in public areas of the site.
- Community tools or features may not be used to interfere with another member’s business.
- Be respectful towards other members. Community spaces may not be used to publicly disparage a specific member, shop, or item.
- Community spaces may not be used to harass other members. Similarly, content posted in community spaces may not promote, support, or glorify hatred.
- You may not publish or post threats of violence against others or promote or encourage others to engage in violence or illegal activity.
The Forums are divided into different sections, including Questions, Discussions, Bugs, Chitchat, Promos, Group Forums and more.
Please keep in mind that the Forums are a public space, and that your posts are permanent (unless they are deleted by Alaskafy for violation of our policies). Your posts may not disparage or violate the privacy rights of another member. Every member is responsible for what they post in the Forums. Forum moderators work to make the Forums a welcoming place for all, and may take certain actions to keep the Forums organized and helpful for everyone.
Groups are a community feature on Alaskafy where you can connect with other members. Members use groups to share information about running a local business, get advice from experienced sellers, or gather to socialize. Buyers can browse Groups by theme or location to find items and shops that might interest them.
Groups are self-governing and self-moderating. Every group has one Admin, and the admin may appoint one or more leader(s) to help run the group. A Group may also have a charter detailing membership requirements and expectations for the Group. Group leadership is responsible for enforcing the group’s charter.
By using Alaskafy’s Group feature, you acknowledge that:
- Alaskafy is not responsible for or involved in a group’s membership policies, dues, finances, or any other actions.
- Group forums may not be used to demonstrate or discuss disputes with other members or with Alaskafy.
- A Group may not use mature, profane, or racist language or images in the groups’s name, banner, or logo.
- A groups may not be used for the sole purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location. Alaskafy reserves the right to refuse links on any profile page or group page for any reason. Unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites, or other products is not allowed.
- Any use of the term “Alaskafy,” other Alaskafy’s Trademarks or similar marks must comply with Alaskafy’s Trademark Policies.
- Group moderation is the responsibility of the Group Admin. Group Forums are subject to this Community Policy.
- Alaskafy staff will not monitor third-party forums or other independent group sites.
- Alaskafy will not mediate disputes between groups and outside parties, nor disputes between groups or group members.
- If a Group chooses to use a dedicated item listing tag (also called a “group tag”), it must contain the word “group.” Alaskafy will not mediate disputes regarding use of group tags on item listings.
If you have any questions about our Community Guidelines, please email us here: Send us an eMail
11406 Borealis Street
Eagle River, AK 99577